The Leigh House at Land's End Plantation was built in the 1830s by Colonel James Leigh, a trained carpenter, and one of Perquimans County's most prosperous planters. Built in the Greek Revival style during the Antebellum period, The Leigh House features a double kick gable roof, and mirrored porticoes on the front and back entrances. The house stands at two and a half stories tall, measuring 40 by 60 feet, with 10 foot porches. The grounds once included an original barn as well as outbuildings.
Colonel James Leigh served his community in numerous capacities, as a militia officer, justice of peace, as well as a representative to the House of Commons in 1818. The Leigh House was passed down to his younger son, Edward after James' death in 1854. After some financial difficulties, it was sold to Albert H Grady of Norfolk, Virginia. It returned to the Leigh family in 1917, when it was purchased by Mary Leigh Robinson, granddaughter of James Leigh. The property remained in the hands of Leigh descendants until 1995.
The house was added to the National Registry of Historic Places in 1974.
Lands End Plantation was acquired by the Vaughan family in 2008, in hopes of returning The Leigh House to its former glory, and to once again be the pride of its community.